SAVE THE DATE!
Saturday, October 13, 2012 9a-3p
Congregational Church of Northridge
9659 Balboa Blvd, Northridge, CA
First seen on Mashable.com…
This huge info graphic lays out tons of information about jobs in the the high-tech industry. Visit the Mashable site to read the article and see the complete (and huge) info graphic..
“[…] So, if you’re like most other young professionals and are looking to nab a job at any of those three companies, take a gander at the infographic below. There are tips on how to optimize your resume, how to land an interview and how to impress the HR team. If you’ve landed a job at any of these companies, feel free to offer tips and insights in the comments below.
Great advice on all levels — especially the part about tech knowledge being increasingly important. I have been saying that for years and it is great to see someone else who feels the same way. — Douglas
Seen on Alexandra Levit’s Water Cooler Wisdom by Alexandra Levit
Here are the main points.
- Education Pays
- Tech Knowledge is Increasingly Important
- Ongoing Training is Essential
- Career Planning is the Name of the Game
Susan M. Baker of Escapehatcher.com presents “From corporate slave to solopreneur” at CareerCampSFV (San Fernando Valley)
This is a list of all the seasons that were part of CareerCampSFV.
- Green Careers
- The Power of Success with CCV (Competence, Confidence and Value) with Mitch Krayton
- Gentle Yoga Stretch (What a cool idea! – Editor)
- What is resume for? with Mitch Krayton
- Blogging Effectively with Jennifer Oliver O’Connell
- From Corporate Slave to Solopreneur: Tips to help you make your move with Susan M. Baker
- Cyberlink Online Bank
- Resume Review Breakout session
- Rethink. Refocus. Reinvent with Jennifer Oliver O’Connell
- Start your own business. Get paid what you are worth!
- Increasing your networking will increase your network
- Technology, Social Media and You with Douglas E. Welch
- Finding your heart’s desire (or calling in life) with Dan Breakman
- How do middle-aged and older job seekers compete with the young Generation Xers?
Many thanks to all the sponsors who helped make CareerCampSFV a big success:
Here is a collection of career-related articles I have found interesting and useful lately — Douglas E. Welch, CareerCamp Founder
- Forward or Back? from Seth Godin
- Learn the career path of a lawyer from CareerRealism.com
- Resumes when you don’t have a degree from Secrets of the Job Hunt
- Mind Control Marketing: How to Quit Begging and Make People Want to Help You from Copyblogger
- Executives and fake decisions from Scott Berkun’s Blog
- Working well with interns — was Intern, Get Me a Campari! from Make